Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sailor Green Lantern!

Alright, I have to admit that this week's post isn't entirely all about Sailor Moon, but one of my friends showed this to me, and I have to share. I think you'll all get as much a kick out of it as I do.

Last year, they made an animated Green Lantern movie called Green Lantern: First flight. I can't officially say Sailor Moon has been an influence on anything because I don't have any real evidence to back it up with, but there's no way you can't see the similarities to it in the following video. You see, for the movie the Green Lantern got a Sailor Moon transformation sequence! I kid you not. Someone actually decided to take the scene and put it to the Sailor Moon transformation music. It worked... creepily so. See for yourself!

The Green Lantern is an old school western super hero comic that began way back in the 1940's. If you're interested in learning more about it you can click here. However, all you really need to know to understand the following video is that to transform, the Green Lantern puts on a ring, kind of like how Sailor Moon grabs her brooch and shouts out her transformation phrase.



I'm also including a link to someone who parodied the transformation sequence as well as some of the other scenes from the movie to the English Sailor Moon opening song: Click Here
It's not nearly as good as the other video in my opinion, but it's still pretty amusing.

I think I'll feature some music next week...
See you then!
- Mikomi

No comments:

Post a Comment